Values n' Life

Monday, February 13, 2006

Grace


Grace! God´s grace, so rich and sweet. Marvellous grace of our loving God. He left His throne up above, humbled himself to die for a wretched sinner like me and you, thinking about it just brings tears to your eyes,don't it? Makes me remember the old hymn of the christian church by John Newton (1725-1807) who became a sailor at the age of eleven, soon he was vulgar, blasphemous, and skeptical. However, on an African-England voyage, when his ship almost capsized, He prayed and God reached down to him. He went back home and wrote this hymn that has gone round the whole world telling of the precious grace of God.
Amazing grace! How sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

He wrote an epitaph to be placed on a tablet in the London church building where he preached:
JOHN NEWTON, clerk. Once an infidel and libertine, a servant of slaves in Africa, was by the rich mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, preserved, restored and pardoned, and appointed to preach the faith he had long laboured to destroy.
His song ´´Amazing Grace´´ has made a lot of impact in my life today, because it´s been the grace of God in my life. Like John, I was blind but now i see, was lost but now i´m found.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home