Values n' Life

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Father's Day

I saw this story when I was making a research on father's day. I decided to post it here.
Mrs. John B. Dodd, of Washington, first proposed the idea of a "father's day" in 1909. Mrs. Dodd wanted a special day to honor her father, William Smart. William Smart, a Civil War veteran, was widowed when his wife (Mrs. Dodd's mother) died in childbirth with their sixth child. Mr. Smart was left to raise the newborn and his other five children by himself on a rural farm in eastern Washington state. It was after Mrs. Dodd became an adult that she realized the strength and selflessness her father had shown in raising his children as a single parent.
>>more
My Dad is very special to me and I love him so much. He has been a guiding light in my life. He taught me to laugh, smile and be kind to others even when I don't feel like. Mostly he taught me to be the best in life and not settle for an average life. There were times He was hard on me and most times it hurt me but I came to find out that He wanted the best for his girl. Daddy, your "Big Girl" has turned out right. I'm not perfect yet but by God's grace I'd make it. And to all My other fathers who has helped me in every areas of my life...I wish you a HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.

Tags: , ,


7 Comments:

  • i actually had tears in my eyes when i read this. I didn't even call my father on father's day :( Next time I talk to him, i'll remind him of how much I love him.
    Nice post.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 PM  

  • Beautiful post.

    By Blogger starry, at 10:16 PM  

  • we don't really celebrate father's day here in greece, which is a shame.
    happy father's day to all good fathers and father figures around.

    By Blogger x, at 11:03 PM  

  • nice post ebun, never heard the story b/4, tho my dad's late but I have a heavenly father who watches over me.
    Happy fathers day to all the fathers out there, shld I say in arrears!

    By Blogger Christie's Corner, at 12:55 AM  

  • My dad def. is in the high ranks of heaven's gates.

    He is an awesome father. His guidance and love have helped me raise my own children.

    :}

    By Blogger Cari, at 6:01 AM  

  • Thanks you all for your contributions. Belle, I'm sure your father will understand, He loves you.
    Chloe, I father's day you should be celebrated. You could start it, you know?
    Chris, God is the best father you can ever think of having and I am sure He knows how you feel about Him.
    Cari, I'm going to bring up my children the same way too.

    By Blogger Ebun, at 8:47 AM  

  • This is nice. I gave my dad a special gift not made by hands but straight from the heart. I told him how much I love him.

    By Blogger Dinma, at 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home