Values n' Life

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Change

Petty-minded people never really succeed in life. Even some people who are in top positions are quite shallow in their thinking; though highly-placed, their quality of life is unsavory. John Mason said, “Changing the input can change the output…you can change the future(your life) because you can control your thoughts”. A few days ago, I noticed that I have been behaving petty towards some girls at church and it has affected my relationship with them. There was a job given us to do so we all had to work together to do it. My pastor noticed how we felt and spoke to us, He told us we had to change our thoughts about others and forgive each other. On my part I felt they were very difficult to deal with well I just couldn't stand them. I thought that "For me to be friends with them, they have to change my attitudes." After He spoke I noticed that it's one thing to say something but a different thing all together to live what you are saying. I noticed it was me that needed changing. I had to change my thoughts concerning them and start thinking good thoughts.I'm not there yet but I know I will be. i just thought I should share this I hope it helps somebody.


Tags:
, ,

2 Comments:

  • Infact, sitting down at the training session that day, I knew that if I wasnt already registered, I would have fallen into that group too( you know what I am talking about) but even at that, I still felt that way about them and that great talk that day was also for me. So I still have a lot of work to do on myself. Thanks for reminding me.Ebun you're really doing a great job. Sometimes I try to imagine how tommorrow will be. Great Right? Do you think so? I am sure happy I am in the number.

    By Blogger Amara, at 3:30 AM  

  • Thanks for the comment. I can't wait either.

    By Blogger Ebun, at 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home